Whether you’re struggling to plan a memorable last minute costume with your friends, a badass costume with your significant other, or stressing over where you’ll get to show off your look during COVID, Halloween is a stressful time of year.
Here are some of my favorite looks from the last few years to make a spooky statement, inspired from female leaders and some of Fyli’s favorite entrepreneurs!
Feminist Icon Inspo
If you’re looking for a sexy costume that also pays homage to your favorite feminist icon or social activist, look no further. Check out Beyoncé as actress and activist Lisa Bonet below!!
Some of Fylí’s favorites include Gloria Steinem, Princess Diana, Serena Williams and Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Tennis whites are cute regardless of the season, or pull out a cute LBD for a sleek Princess Diana look. Gloria Steinem is a personal favorite 70s boss babe and I’m in love with all the mini-RBG costumes for elementary school kids… why not make it for adults too?
An old one from entrepreneurs Cass Dimicco and Matthew Hoyle as Karl Lagerfeld and his spoiled cat. All you need to recreate is some trendy white pieces and some statement cat ears!! As for Karl, just grab any suit and a wig, or a pantsuit and a some black leather heels.
View this post on Instagram
This costume will definitely make a statement, even if it’s a cozy one. Inspired from Orange is the New Black (which goes beyond a comedy show and touches on social themes), grab your s/o and some jumpsuits and call it a day! Maybe add a wig or two.
Make a statement while wearing some comfortable colors in this couple costume!
View this post on Instagram
For more inspiration, check out NBC’s article on empowering costumes for women here.
Don’t forget to tag @fylinyc on all your Instagram Halloween posts to be featured on our page. We can’t wait to see where our feminist inspo takes you!
Interact with like minded individuals who can contribute new ideas, perspectives, and networks to your business.BECOME A MEMBER
Interested to know more about fyli+?
Provide your email address below and we’ll reach out to you with the details.
1. Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or started your business already?
2. Are you committed to a year filled with growth and accountability and have the time to contribute peer to peer mentorship to other community members while growing together year after year?
3. Are you open to travel and gathering in person for strategy sessions and events, or would prefer to be remote and fully online?
4. Do you have a detailed business plan and strategy in place to grow your company even if you did not start it yet?
5. Are you willing to learn new skills, get vulnerable, and focus on accountability even when things get hard along the way?
To empower female founders with the community, resources, and funding they need to RISE (Renew, Inspire, Support, Empower)