Join Fyli and Mercado Global for a panel discussion about the ethical fashion movement and the future of fashion. As a leader in ethical fashion for fifteen years, Brooklyn-based nonprofit Mercado Global works with Indigenous women in the highlands of rural Guatemala to become artisans, providing them with trainings, materials, and sewing equipment. Through donor-funded business education and leadership programs, Mercado Global helps women create community businesses to support themselves and their families.
In a lively panel, Mercado Global and their retail partners will discuss sustainable sourcing, social responsibility, and ethical fashion initiatives. The goal of the panel is to understand ethical fashion and ensure that this movement is having a real impact and empowering the communities that produced these products.
Last summer, Fyli launched a monthly event series called Active Listening that Leads to Understanding to address social injustice, amplify diverse voices, and support under-served and marginalized communities. This event will be free and open to the public. Attendees can register here on Eventbrite which will also have an option for donations to be made to selected non-profits.
Nada Grkinich, Global Senior Design Director, Levi’s
Julie Verdugo, Director of Sustainability + Social Impact, Free People
Ruth Álvarez-DeGolia, Founder & Executive Director, Mercado Global
Alyssa Burgos, Director of Merchandising & Brand Strategy, Mercado Global
Jason Mcbriarty, Director of Communications and Operations at Levi’s
Interested to know more about fyli+?
Provide your email address below and we’ll reach out to you with the details.
1. Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or started your business already?
2. Are you committed to a year filled with growth and accountability and have the time to contribute peer to peer mentorship to other community members while growing together year after year?
3. Are you open to travel and gathering in person for strategy sessions and events, or would prefer to be remote and fully online?
4. Do you have a detailed business plan and strategy in place to grow your company even if you did not start it yet?
5. Are you willing to learn new skills, get vulnerable, and focus on accountability even when things get hard along the way?
To empower female founders with the community, resources, and funding they need to RISE (Renew, Inspire, Support, Empower)